If you have an idea you would like created email me at dorasdigitals@gmail.com

A Military Christmas

There's a chill in the air and the sweet smell of pine
Friends coming together it's Christmas time

Children playing with sleds on the new fallen snow
Toys in store windows have their eyes all aglow

Chapel bells ringing from the old town square
Decorations on Main Street being put up with care

Christmas shoppers beginning to fill the malls
Where trees are adorned with garland and balls

Out Christmas shopping I spotted a sign
Santa's Work Shop, with children in line

I walked up closer so that I could hear
What the children wanted from Santa this year

When from in line I saw a young lad
By the look on his face, I could tell he was sad

I walked up closer so that I could see
As he took his turn upon Santa's knee

Santa, I don't want toys under the tree
All I want is my Daddy, here with Mommy and me

It's been so long since he's been gone
When he left the grass was still green on the lawn

You see, We're in the Military and he had to go
And Mommy and I miss him, more than you know

When I'm in bed and she thinks I'm asleep
She reads over his letters and starts to weep

But, if you can't do it, I'll understand
Since Daddy's been gone, I'm Mom's little man

As you deliver your presents, give a message from me
We gave up Christmas with Daddy, So children stay free!