- 1 cup shortening or butter (softened)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (or raw sugar)
- 3/4 cup sugar (or raw sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (you can also use white flour or half whole-wheat/half white)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oats (rolled or quick oats)
- 1 12-oz. package chocolate chips
Cream together first six ingredients. Add flour, baking soda, salt, and oats. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Roll into 1-1 1/2-inch balls.
To freeze: Place cookie balls on a cookie sheet and freeze for one to two hours. Remove from cookie sheet and place in an airtight freezer bag.
To bake: Pull out the desired amount of balls and place on a greased cookie sheet for 30-45 minutes to thaw. Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until done.