Makes 6 Belgian waffles
- 1 3/4 cups flour (whole-wheat, white, or a mixture of both)
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (or raw sugar)
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup milk (You can use half milk/half water, if you prefer.)
- 1/2 cup oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Mix together dry ingredients in one bowl. Lightly beat together wet ingredients in another. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened. Pour batter onto lightly-oiled or buttered waffle iron and bake until done.
To freeze: Let cool and stick 4-6 waffles in a freezer bag. Remove air and seal.
To thaw: Pull desired number of waffles out of the freezer and heat in the microwave, in a toaster oven, or in the oven.