If you have an idea you would like created email me at dorasdigitals@gmail.com

Perfect Pulled Pork (Aubrey Shaw)

I've seen this recipe in just about every magazine I flip through. It looked good and easy, so we gave it a whirl. It was well worth it. This is one of the best new recipes I've tried in a long time!


The recipe was from the people that do the 'pork, the other white meat' ads. You know the ones. So I guess they really know what they're talking about. We topped ours with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce, and it was perfect pulled pork.
Recipe:
5 lbs boneless pork butt shoulder (I did not buy this much and I used a picnic roast)
1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 c water (I used less since I had a smaller roast)
soft sandwich buns
Combine all seasonings in a small bowl and rub evenly over roast. Place meat in 6 qt slow cooker. Add water. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hrs or high for 4-5 hrs until pork is very tender. Place pork on cutting board or platter and let rest for 10-15 minutes. Pull, slice or chop to serve. Serve on buns with BBQ sauce.
I probably would have just tossed all the meat with sauce, but I used the left over meat for quesadillas the next day and didn't want BBQ pork for those. Either way would work great!